We are looking for a high-achieving and dedicated team member with a strong communications background, who loves writing, is organized, and – most importantly – is passionate about sparking real and lasting change in the world.
TCF’s Development Associate will manage our grant portfolio and will assist in designing and executing US based fundraising efforts, including events, and online and direct mail campaigns.
Reporting to the US Managing Director, the Development Associate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
MAINTAINING FOUNDATION AND INSTITUTIONAL GIVING
- Monitor and manage grant and foundation reporting calendar to keep the team on track
- Support writing and editing grant proposals and reports
- Research and identify new grant and/or funding opportunities
- Assist in cultivating new partnerships
SUPPORTING DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS OBJECTIVES
- Assist the US Managing Director in executing all development and communications objectives to support TCF’s strategic growth and impact
- Assist in Donor Stewardship by ensuring that gifts are recorded, and donors are thanked for their generosity
- Develop Campaigns
- Assist in the creation and execution of crowdfunding campaigns
- Help third parties develop campaigns that align with TCF’s objectives and values
- Contribute to Communications
- Edit and assist in drafting all external communications
- Website design and management
- Plan Events
- Assist US Managing Director in organizing all fundraising events
- Coordinate travel as needed for senior leadership
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Collaborate with Program Department Heads to collect all program data for use in communications materials, grants and our greater M&E strategy
- Volunteer Alumni Management
- Ensure that our Volunteer Alumni feel appreciated as well as continue to stay engaged and excited about remaining involved by drafting email blasts specifically for this group, planning events and planning fundraising campaigns, as applicable.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
- PASSIONATE: You believe in children and their rights. You are passionate about creating a brighter future for generation of children living in Tanzania.
- RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: You have meaningful work experience in communications, or a related field. Experience with grant writing is preferred. Travel and/or work experience in East Africa and/or experience working in the non-profit sector, are a plus.
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS: You are an excellent writer. You are able to turn projects around quickly and professionally. You are also talented at communicating within teams, and in cross-cultural settings.
- WORK ETHIC: You are willing to work hard and understand that you may be asked to take on projects that require more than a 9-to-5 work-day. You are able to learn quickly and respond well to feedback.
- STRONG ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS: You have a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects based on need and deadlines.
- SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE: You have a demonstrated ability to work with others across cultures and backgrounds with respect and collegiality. You are mature and reliable.
- ALIGNMENT WITH OUR CORE VALUES: Your work style is grounded in a sense of collaboration and mutual respect, and you operate from a place of compassion and empathy for the community we serve.
- FLEXIBILITY: You know how to roll with the punches and can find the positive in even the most challenging situations.
- EDUCATION: You are a college graduate with a degree in communications, international development, public health, or a related field.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send us your resume and cover letter through this link.